TxDOT: Damaged stoplight in Fort Stockton to be replaced on July 15

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

TxDOT: Damaged stoplight in Fort Stockton to be replaced on July 15

Posted in:
In-page image(s)
A stoplight was downed by a semi hauling an oversize load on July 13 at the intersection of Dickinson and Main Street. Photos by Nathan Heuer
Vehicle hauling oversized load that damaged a stoplight at the intersection of Dickinson Boulevard and Main Street in Fort Stockton.
A stoplight was downed by a semi hauling an oversize load on July 13 at the intersection of Dickinson and Main Street. Photos by Nathan Heuer
Body

Traffic operations crew from the Texas Department of Transportation plan to place a new stoplight pole at the Intersection of Dickinson Boulevard and Main Street on Friday, July 15.

“We do have a pole in the district that we can use to replace the one that got knocked down. We are preparing that pole today in the Odessa yard,” Gene Powell, TxDOT Odessa District Public information Officer said.

The intersection is scheduled to have signals operating normally by Friday afternoon.

“The plan is to have the signals operating tomorrow afternoon.  If anything strange happens, it should be running by Monday at the latest,” Powell said.

The stoplight was damaged by a semi hauling an oversized load at approximately 5:30 p.m. on July 13 according to law enforcement at the scene. An officer at the scene who interviewed the drivers of the semis said that they were on their appropriate route that was given to them to navigate through Fort Stockton.