Your guide to local places to go and things to do!
If you have an event for our Do Something! listing, please e-mail to email@example.com.
Thursday, April 18 to Sunday, April 28
• Alamo Elementary School PTO carnival on Sycamore Street between Dickinson Boulevard and Highway 385 (behind Walmart).
Saturday, April 20
• Lions Club Egg Hunt at Rooney Park in Fort Stockton starting at 11 a.m.
• Egg Hunt at Mother Holmes Baptist Church in Iraan starting at 10 a.m.
Sunday, April 21
• Community Sunrise Easter service, 7 a.m. at Zero Stone park adjacent to Pecos County Courthouse. s
• Egg Hunt following 10:45 a.m. Easter Service at First Baptist Church, 401 N. Gillis St., in Fort Stockton. For ages 12 and under.
• Egg Hunt following 10:30 a.m. Easter Service at Gracepoint Church, 108 W. 10th St., in Fort Stockton.
Friday, April 26
• Big Bend Open Road Race: drive-tru at Alamo Elementary School at 11:30 a.m. Car Show at Rooney Park from 4 to 5:30 p.m.; downtown parade starts at 6 p.m.
Saturday, April 27
• Big Bend Open Road Race starts at 8 a.m. on Highway 285 by Rooney Park. Banquet and awards ceremony at 7 p.m. at the Pecos County Civic Center.
• Apache Elementary School's inaugural Color Run/Walk. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Entry fee required. Call (432)-290-5566 or send paypal payment and shirt size to firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, April 29 to Friday, May 3
• Fort Stockton Community Theatre Silent Auction in the lobby of the First National Bank of Fort Stockton, 1000 W. Dickinson Blvd., from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. On May 3, a “last chance” reception will be held. Bidding will close at 7 p.m. on May 3.
Saturday, May 4
• “Safe and Sober” Cinco de Mayo Festival sponsored by Class of 2020 Parents, at Nunez Park, 501 S. Main St. in Fort Stockton. Gates open at 11 a.m.